from our family to yours...

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Our Sunday Adventure!

   This weekend I had it all planned out. We were going to do something fun as a family after church. After browsing around online I found a 'Kite Festival' in Arvada. It sounded like something that would be fun for the kids, and would get us out of the house and doing something different. Got directions and all of the info that we would need. Then we headed to church for the morning. After church we decided to go get some lunch before heading down there. Tim's friend from work had recently mentioned that she didn't like this place called The Hamburger Stand because it tasted like In-N-Out. I have never met someone that didn't like In-N-Out, but I was ecstatic that there was actually a place here that was similar to it. So we ventured down to find this place (and there are several of them around Denver). I looked it up, and we started heading down there. We got to the general area of where the restaurant was and drove back and forth looking for it, while looking at the map on Google Maps. Still couldn't find it. I decided that maybe I should just pull up the number and call. Well, when I clicked on it, it said in bold, red letters, CLOSED. But, no worries, there was another one just a few miles away (and on the way to the Kite Festival). So we headed down in that direction and found the new one no problem. We got there and ordered some cheeseburgers and corn dogs (for the kids). We proceeded to eat these cheeseburgers that supposedly tasted like In-N-Out burgers. WRONG! NOTHING like In-N-Out! Talk about a big disappointment. It did give us something to laugh about though. Driving down Colfax for some crappy cheeseburger, We both agreed that we preferred Mcdonald's burgers. And the fries, horrible! Even worse! I definitely would NOT recommend this place!
   Next it was time to go to the Kite Festival. It was about 10 more miles down the road, and no problem getting there. Well, we were supposed to park in a school parking lot to take the free shuttle to the park where the festival was being held. We drove down there, and the school's parking lot was EMPTY! I was a little confused. It was windy out, but no rain. No reason to cancel it. I did have where the park was located written down so we drove in the direction of the park as I used my phone to pull up the info to the festival. I pulled it up and could not believe what I saw. The Kite Festival was YESTERDAY! Out of all the times I looked it up online over the past couple of days, I was completely convinced that it was on Sunday! Needless to say, we both got a good laugh out of it. And we decided to just call the extra driving around "practice and preparation for the kids for when we take our Michigan trip next month."
   After all of this, we stopped by Colorado Mills Mall and just walked the circle of the mall once and browsed the windows and stopped in a few toy stores. Oh, and by every quarter ride (and there are A LOT in that mall). And now its nap time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment