from our family to yours...

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

ZUMBA--Its a passion

So I'm sure many of you have realized that I have a new passion, and yes, it is a passion. Not a hobby, not just a favorite activity, A PASSION! And if you couldn't tell by the title, that passion is ZUMBA! My first Zumba experience was when we were still living in Colorado. Katelynn was finally old enough to go into the daycare at the gym, and I was determined to lose this baby weight. I was having trouble staying motivated to actually stay and complete a workout or any given amount of time on the eliptical. I had heard bits and pieces of talk about a Zumba class, and I thought I would give it a try, after all, I was determined to lose the weight. My first Zumba class was quite and experience. I felt very, ummm, "white." I wasn't to sure of what I was doing, but I did know one thing, and that was that I was having FUN! I not only wanted to get better, but I wanted more, and more! I went to any Zumba class that was offered there at the gym, and some days included Zumba in the morning AND in the evening,. And since moving to Arizona, the dedication has continued. I was contemplating going through instructor training in December. I loved doing it, but wasn't sure if I was ready. About a month before the training, I really had felt that this was something I really wanted to do. Unfortunately I had realized this too late, the class was already sold out. I watched the website daily, more like multiple times a day, waiting for them to add the next instructor training. This time I wasn't taking any chances. Finally, they had the next class up and I signed up for it right away. So here we are today, waiting and waiting and waiting for the instructor training class in just a few weeks. After FEB 6th I will be a CERTIFIED ZUMBA INSTRUCTOR!--- If you live in the area and know of any gyms that are looking for instructors, please pass along my information! I can't wait to start!!!!

And finally, those of you who don't know what Zumba is--the best way to describe it is that it's a Latin-style dance/cardio, and the most important part is that it is SOOO MUCH FUN! and you burn a ton of calories. I encourage everyone to try it at least once! (warning: once you try it, you'll be addicted too!)

Well, gotta run! Husband is calling me into the other room for a movie! Goodnight! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment